Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hello.....do you hear me???

Good afternoon. I am sitting at home with snow swirling all around my driveway, forcing me to stay put today. So when I am not running people here and there, I actually think. Yep - it's true. And I have been receiving emails about the Loungo's all day and that got me to thinking and praising.

This is going to be quick because I have cookies in the oven. I believe that everyday of our lives, as believers, God gives us at least one opportunity per day to be His servant. And if you are like me, it is so difficult to be able to listen and hear Him when He calls upon us. Everyday life really can drown out His voice and we miss so much of what He wants to say to us. And sometimes I do hear Him, but I try to push His voice to the back of my mind because I have way too much to do already. But I also believe that our pure offering to Him is to step up and to obey that voice.

So what did you do today for Christ? What did He lay on your heart to do for Him? I know He gives us opportunities every day. It could be as simple as a phone call to someone who needs encouraging, or taking on a major project for a family in need. What have you done today? I personally called and talked to my mother in law who has been home sick with pnemonia since Jan. 16th. And it made her day just to have someone call and show they cared. That small gesture is sharing His love with someone who needed it.

Post it! Nothing is more inspiring than to read what others are doing for Christ. Please bless all of us with a post!

Lovingly in His service,
Becky

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This one Beck? Or is this one for the "Angels" comments?

Anonymous said...

Hey Beckey lets try this , I"m still trying to enter my thoughts and veiws but nothing is letting me do it. Deanna

Anonymous said...

Wow Here i go , got on for this , have been trying for sometime now. Well lets see what did I do today, for my Mother-in -law and aunt we had lunch together and talked for awhile, auntie had to go watch her tv. after that hubby and I spent time together going after my aunts med's and then on to Canandaigua. Talked with my youngest Granddaughter about her up coming trip (maybe ) to LA and was asked to help her with her plans, so God was using me in many different ways today. This trip might turn out to be very intersting , more to folow as plans come into play. So I guess just being around and on call for whatever happened was what he had planned for me today, many days I think we do things for others that only he knows we have done and are doing them because of him with out us even realizing the things we do in his name. God works in strange ways as we work for for him.

Mary said...

I have never given much thought to what I do each day and Who my motivator might be....
I tend to think more about the opportunities I've missed. You know what I mean: the times the "still, small voice" has told you something and you ignored it? That's me most often, I'm afraid. It makes me feel like Homer Simpson: "Doh" when I realize I have let a great chance go past!

I am making a real effort to listen now for that voice and then to do what it tells me. I know I disappoint the Lord when I ignore the Spirit's voice. When I ignore those calls to serve, I rob Him of the glory that could result. I have no right to rob Him. I am a slow learner, but I think I got this one, finally!

Unknown said...

Hi Becky - it was so nice meeting you over email! Your words are so true! We allow all the STUFF to get in the way of our praise and service, which is way more important..so blogs like these are great reminders and helpful guides to keep us all focused. One way we served this weekend is that we rescued one of God's four legged creatures - all 85 pounds of him....passed along a fabulous email to believers and passive believers about a young boy name Logan who received a message from God, and babysat my neice so my hubby and his family could enjoy some much needed time away...karen